Other Interesting Stuff

Friday, March 31, 2006

The Start of Something....Interesting?

Mission Statement: I like to write. I always have. I take great pride in my ability to put pen to paper and articulate what's on my mind. I enjoy reading other people's thoughts and opinions. The thing I have found is that often I disagree with these opinions or go away with more questions than answers. I decided instead of persistently clogging my friends inbox with emails about these things I would start my own blog instead.

Apparently these blogs are quite popular. Who knew? Anyway, I am putting it all out there for anybody or nobody to see. I don't expect anybody to read this (other than my proud mother, my brother who listens quite well, and my wife who is sick of me telling her about the story I read on the internet or complaining about the fella on ESPN who yells because he has nothing relevant or interesting to say). Who knows, you may learn more about my family as this blog evolves.

One of my college journalism professors said I have a "flowery writing style". To this day I am not sure what that meant, or if it was good or bad, but what I do know is that I will either prove or disprove that on this blog. In the meantime I hope that some enjoyment is attained through reading my blog. That enjoyment can be either of the "he's funny and interesting" variety, or the "this dude is retarded and is all that is wrong with the internet" variety. Enjoyment is enjoyment. So, uh, enjoy "The Sound of My Own Voice". I know I do.

PS: In spellchecking this entry I discoved that the blogger.com spellchecker doesn't recognize "blog" as a word. Ironic, don't ya think?

No comments: