Other Interesting Stuff

Friday, April 14, 2006

My Life-Long Friend and Downfall - The Idiot Box Part 2

(Part 2 in a 4 Part Series)

Event 2


A few years later my parents "splurged" and got the fancy remote control to go along with it. Up to this point they apparently believed that not having a remote would lead me to be more active since I had to get up and change the channel. HA. Anyway, this remote allowed me to change the channel without actually leaving the couch! What a breakthrough!! Plus, I could go flip back and forth between the last two channels I watched. BRILLIANT!

However, the remote had it's negatives as well. Sometimes, during commercials, I would get up and do things (pee, sit on my brother's arms and "thorp" him in the head, homework?) and misplace the remote. This was often a dicey proposition and included me freaking out until I eventually found it, usually in my pocket, in the bathroom, or lodged between the couch cushsions. This is a problem I have carried with me to this day, especially the couch cushion one.


No comments: